Happy Halloween from Less Talk, More Polish!
Halloween Nail Art Design – Blood Spatter
Happy Halloween guys! I was racking my brain trying to figure out a Halloween nail art design and this came to me. I’m not sure what I was going for but I’m actually really happy with the final result lol. So what I used for this design was black stamping polish by Painted Polish in Midnight Mischief, Kiss Nail Paint Striper, and The Face Shop Trendy Nails in RD302 to create the blood splatter effect. I was originally just going to keep the blood splatter on the nails only but then I figured it would be more ‘gory’ to leave it on my fingers as well lol.
What you’ll need…
- Base Coat
- Black Nail Polish
- KISS Nail Paint Striper in White or a Striping brush dipped in white nail polish
- A Sheet of Newspaper
- Top Coat
- Liquid Latex (optional)
- After applying your base coat, apply one coat of black nail polish.
- This step is optional, you can apply Liquid Latex/Cuticle Protector around you cuticles for easy cleanup afterward.
- Using the brush of the KISS Nail Paint Striper, remove as much nail polish from the brush as possible and then lightly swipe it across your nail is quick swipes. Repeat until the nail is mostly covered.
- Now take a drinking straw, dip the bottom end in your red nail nail polish and blow through the top end of the straw in the direction of your nails. Make sure to law down a sheet of newspaper to protect your surfaces. Repeat this step until your nails are covered in the ‘Spatter’ effect.
- Make sure all polish layers are dry, then apply your favourite top coat!
There a few steps to this process and it is messy but totally worth it!